Accident Lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL
Contact the Mill Shoals, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Mill Shoals, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Mill Shoals, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Mill Shoals accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Mill Shoals, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury claim in Mill Shoals, IL, it is important to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Mill Shoals.
Having settled more than $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Mill Shoals injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Mill Shoals Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Mill Shoals area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Mill Shoals accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Mill Shoals residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Mill Shoals
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Mill Shoals accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Mill Shoals will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Mill Shoals, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Mill Shoals accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Mill Shoals, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Mill Shoals accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL, are available 24/7.