Accident Lawyers in Miller City, IL
Contact the Miller City, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Miller City, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Miller City, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Miller City, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Miller City accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Miller City, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Miller City, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Miller City.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Miller City injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Miller City Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Miller City area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Miller City accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Miller City clients with the experience and information they need to fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Miller City
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Miller City accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Miller City will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Miller City, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Miller City, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Miller City accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Miller City, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Miller City accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Miller City, IL, are available 24/7.