Accident Lawyers in Monroe County, IL
Call a Monroe County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Monroe County, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Monroe County area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Monroe County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Monroe County accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Monroe County, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Monroe County, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Monroe County.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Monroe County injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Monroe County
As a top accident firms in the Monroe County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Monroe County accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Monroe County clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Monroe County
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Monroe County will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: The right accident lawyer in Monroe County will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Monroe County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Monroe County
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Monroe County accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Monroe County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Monroe County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
[wdac-linkblock parent=”/accident-lawyer/” exclude=”Accident Lawyer ” button-class=”uk-button button-block” class=”uk-grid-small uk-child-width-1-3@l uk-child-width-1-2@m”]
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Monroe County, IL, are available 24/7.