Accident Lawyers in Montgomery County, IL
Call a Montgomery County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Montgomery County, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Montgomery County area. We help clients recover compensation after these accidents. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Montgomery County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Montgomery County accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Montgomery County, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury case in Montgomery County, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Montgomery County.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Montgomery County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Montgomery County
As a top accident law firms in the Montgomery County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Montgomery County accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Montgomery County clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Montgomery County
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Montgomery County will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Montgomery County will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Montgomery County and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Montgomery County
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Montgomery County accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Montgomery County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Montgomery County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
[wdac-linkblock parent=”/accident-lawyer/” exclude=”Accident Lawyer ” button-class=”uk-button button-block” class=”uk-grid-small [email protected] [email protected]”]
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Montgomery County, IL, are available 24/7.