Accident Lawyers in Morse Hill, MO
Call the Morse Hill, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Morse Hill, MO. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Morse Hill, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Morse Hill, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Morse Hill accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Morse Hill, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Morse Hill, MO, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Morse Hill.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Morse Hill injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Morse Hill Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Morse Hill area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Morse Hill accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Morse Hill clients with the information and experience they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Morse Hill
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Morse Hill accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Morse Hill will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Morse Hill, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Morse Hill, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Morse Hill accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Morse Hill, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Morse Hill accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Morse Hill, MO, are available 24/7.