Accident Lawyers in Mound City, IL
Contact the Mound City, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Mound City, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Mound City, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Mound City, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Mound City accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Mound City, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Mound City, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Mound City.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Mound City injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Mound City Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Mound City area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Mound City accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Mound City clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Mound City
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Mound City accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Mound City will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Mound City, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Mound City, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Mound City accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Mound City, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Mound City accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Mound City, IL, are available 24/7.