Accident Lawyers in Mount Carmel, IL
Call the Mount Carmel, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Mount Carmel, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Mount Carmel, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Mount Carmel, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Mount Carmel accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Mount Carmel, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Mount Carmel, IL, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Mount Carmel.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Mount Carmel injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Mount Carmel Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Mount Carmel area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Mount Carmel accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Mount Carmel residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Mount Carmel
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Mount Carmel accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Mount Carmel will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Mount Carmel, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Mount Carmel, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Mount Carmel accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Mount Carmel, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Mount Carmel accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Mount Carmel, IL, are available 24/7.