Accident Lawyers in Mount Vernon, IL
Contact the Mount Vernon, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Mount Vernon, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Mount Vernon, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Mount Vernon, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Mount Vernon accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Mount Vernon, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Mount Vernon, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Mount Vernon.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Mount Vernon injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Mount Vernon Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Mount Vernon area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Mount Vernon accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Mount Vernon clients with the information and experience they need to fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Mount Vernon
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Mount Vernon accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Mount Vernon will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Mount Vernon, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Mount Vernon, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related claims. It’s our job to help Mount Vernon accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Mount Vernon, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Mount Vernon accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Mount Vernon, IL, are available 24/7.