Accident Lawyers in Mulberry Grove, IL
Contact the Mulberry Grove, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Mulberry Grove, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Mulberry Grove, IL, area. We help clients recover damages after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Mulberry Grove, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Mulberry Grove accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Mulberry Grove, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury case in Mulberry Grove, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Mulberry Grove.
Having settled more than $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Mulberry Grove injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Mulberry Grove Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Mulberry Grove area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Mulberry Grove accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Mulberry Grove residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Mulberry Grove
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Mulberry Grove accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Mulberry Grove will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Mulberry Grove, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Mulberry Grove, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Mulberry Grove accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Mulberry Grove, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Mulberry Grove accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Mulberry Grove, IL, are available 24/7.