Accident Lawyers in Murphysboro, IL
Call the Murphysboro, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Murphysboro, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Murphysboro, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Murphysboro, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Murphysboro accident lawyers support victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Murphysboro, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Murphysboro, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Murphysboro.
Having settled over $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Murphysboro injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Murphysboro Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Murphysboro area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Murphysboro accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Murphysboro clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Murphysboro
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Murphysboro accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Murphysboro will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Murphysboro, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Murphysboro, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related cases. It is our goal to help Murphysboro accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Murphysboro, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Murphysboro accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Murphysboro, IL, are available 24/7.