Accident Lawyers in Nashville, IL
Call the Nashville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Nashville, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Nashville, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Nashville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Nashville accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Nashville, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Nashville, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Nashville.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Nashville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Nashville Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Nashville area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Nashville accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Nashville residents with the experience and information they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Nashville
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Nashville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Nashville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Nashville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Nashville, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Nashville accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Nashville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Nashville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Nashville, IL, are available 24/7.