Accident Lawyers in New Melle, MO
Call the New Melle, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in New Melle, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the New Melle, MO, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our New Melle, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s New Melle accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for New Melle, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in New Melle, MO, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in New Melle.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the New Melle injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
New Melle Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the New Melle area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The New Melle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide New Melle residents with the information and experience they need to fight big insurers and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in New Melle
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled New Melle accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in New Melle will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in New Melle, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in New Melle, MO
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related cases. It is our job to help New Melle accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your New Melle, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The New Melle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in New Melle, MO, are available 24/7.