Accident Lawyers in Newton, IL
Contact the Newton, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Newton, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Newton, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Newton, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Newton accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Newton, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Newton, IL, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Newton.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Newton injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Newton Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Newton area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Newton accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Newton clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Newton
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Newton accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Newton will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Newton, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Newton, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Newton accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Newton, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Newton accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Newton, IL, are available 24/7.