Accident Lawyers in Norris City, IL
Call the Norris City, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Norris City, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Norris City, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Norris City, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Norris City accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Norris City, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Norris City, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Norris City.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Norris City injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Norris City Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Norris City area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Norris City accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Norris City clients with the information and experience they need to fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Norris City
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Norris City accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Norris City will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Norris City, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Norris City, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Norris City accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Norris City, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Norris City accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Norris City, IL, are available 24/7.