Accident Lawyers in Oakdale, IL
Call the Oakdale, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Oakdale, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Oakdale, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Oakdale, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Oakdale accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Oakdale, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Oakdale, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Oakdale.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Oakdale injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Oakdale Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Oakdale area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Oakdale accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Oakdale residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight big insurers and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Oakdale
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Oakdale accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Oakdale will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Oakdale, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Oakdale, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help Oakdale accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Oakdale, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Oakdale accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Oakdale, IL, are available 24/7.