Accident Lawyers in Oakville, MO
Contact the Oakville, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Oakville, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Oakville, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Oakville, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Oakville accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Oakville, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury claim in Oakville, MO, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Oakville.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Oakville injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Oakville Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Oakville area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Oakville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Oakville clients with the experience and information they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Oakville
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Oakville accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Oakville will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Oakville, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Oakville, MO
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled various vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Oakville accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Oakville, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Oakville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Oakville, MO, are available 24/7.