Accident Lawyers in Olney, IL
Call the Olney, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Olney, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Olney, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $50 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Olney, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Olney accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Olney, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Olney, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Olney.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Olney injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Olney Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Olney area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Olney accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Olney residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Olney
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Olney accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Olney will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Olney, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Olney, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related claims. It’s our job to help Olney accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Olney, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Olney accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Olney, IL, are available 24/7.