Accident Lawyers in Omaha, IL
Contact the Omaha, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Omaha, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Omaha, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Omaha, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Omaha accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Omaha, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for a personal injury case in Omaha, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Omaha.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Omaha injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Omaha Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Omaha area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Omaha accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Omaha clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Omaha
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Omaha accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Omaha will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Omaha, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Omaha, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Omaha accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Omaha, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Omaha accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Omaha, IL, are available 24/7.