Accident Lawyers in Pacific, MO
Contact the Pacific, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Pacific, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Pacific, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Pacific, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Pacific accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Pacific, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Pacific, MO, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Pacific.
Having settled over $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Pacific injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Pacific Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Pacific area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Pacific accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Pacific clients with the experience and information they need to fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Pacific
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Pacific accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Pacific will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Pacific, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Pacific, MO
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Pacific accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Pacific, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Pacific accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Pacific, MO, are available 24/7.