Accident Lawyers in Parkersburg, IL
Call the Parkersburg, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Parkersburg, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Parkersburg, IL, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Parkersburg, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Parkersburg accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some kind of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Parkersburg, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Parkersburg, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Parkersburg.
Having settled over $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Parkersburg injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Parkersburg Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Parkersburg area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Parkersburg accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Parkersburg clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Parkersburg
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Parkersburg accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Parkersburg will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Parkersburg, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Parkersburg, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related cases. It is our job to help Parkersburg accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Parkersburg, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Parkersburg accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Parkersburg, IL, are available 24/7.