Accident Lawyers in Percy, IL
Call the Percy, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Percy, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Percy, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Percy, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Percy accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Percy, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury claim in Percy, IL, it is important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Percy.
Having settled over $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Percy injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Percy Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Percy area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Percy accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Percy clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Percy
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Percy accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Percy will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Percy, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Percy, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Percy accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Percy, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Percy accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Percy, IL, are available 24/7.