Accident Lawyers in Perryville, MO
Contact the Perryville, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Perryville, MO. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Perryville, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Perryville, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Perryville accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Perryville, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury case in Perryville, MO, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Perryville.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Perryville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Perryville Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Perryville area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Perryville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Perryville clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Perryville
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Perryville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Perryville will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Perryville, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Perryville, MO
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Perryville accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Perryville, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Perryville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Perryville, MO, are available 24/7.