Accident Lawyers in Pevely, MO
Contact the Pevely, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Pevely, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Pevely, MO, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Pevely, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Pevely accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some kind of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Pevely, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury case in Pevely, MO, it is important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Pevely.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Pevely injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Pevely Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Pevely area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Pevely accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Pevely residents with the experience and information they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Pevely
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Pevely accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Pevely will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Pevely, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Pevely, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related cases. It is our job to help Pevely accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Pevely, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Pevely accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Pevely, MO, are available 24/7.