Accident Lawyers in Pickneyville, IL
Contact the Pickneyville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Pickneyville, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Pickneyville, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Pickneyville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Pickneyville accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Pickneyville, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Pickneyville, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Pickneyville.
Having settled more than $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Pickneyville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Pickneyville Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Pickneyville area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Pickneyville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Pickneyville clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Pickneyville
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Pickneyville accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Pickneyville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Pickneyville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Pickneyville, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Pickneyville accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Pickneyville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Pickneyville accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Pickneyville, IL, are available 24/7.