Accident Lawyers in Pocahontas, IL
Contact the Pocahontas, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Pocahontas, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Pocahontas, IL, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Pocahontas, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Pocahontas accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Pocahontas, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Pocahontas, IL, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Pocahontas.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Pocahontas injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Pocahontas Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Pocahontas area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Pocahontas accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Pocahontas clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Pocahontas
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Pocahontas accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Pocahontas will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Pocahontas, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Pocahontas, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Pocahontas accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Pocahontas, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Pocahontas accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Pocahontas, IL, are available 24/7.