Accident Lawyers in Prairie du Rocher, IL
Call the Prairie du Rocher, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Prairie du Rocher, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Prairie du Rocher, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Prairie du Rocher, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Prairie du Rocher accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Prairie du Rocher, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury case in Prairie du Rocher, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Prairie du Rocher.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Prairie du Rocher injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Prairie du Rocher Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Prairie du Rocher area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Prairie du Rocher accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Prairie du Rocher residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Prairie du Rocher
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Prairie du Rocher accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Prairie du Rocher will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Prairie du Rocher, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Prairie du Rocher, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Prairie du Rocher accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Prairie du Rocher, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Prairie du Rocher accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Prairie du Rocher, IL, are available 24/7.