Accident Lawyers in Red Bud, IL
Call the Red Bud, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Red Bud, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Red Bud, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Red Bud, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Red Bud accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Red Bud, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for an injury claim in Red Bud, IL, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Red Bud.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Red Bud injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Red Bud Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Red Bud area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Red Bud accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Red Bud residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Red Bud
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Red Bud accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Red Bud will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Red Bud, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Red Bud, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Red Bud accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Red Bud, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Red Bud accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Red Bud, IL, are available 24/7.