Accident Lawyers in Rockwood, IL
Call the Rockwood, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Rockwood, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Rockwood, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Rockwood, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Rockwood accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Rockwood, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Rockwood, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Rockwood.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Rockwood injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Rockwood Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Rockwood area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Rockwood accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Rockwood residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Rockwood
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Rockwood accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Rockwood will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Rockwood, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Rockwood, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled various vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Rockwood accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Rockwood, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Rockwood accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Rockwood, IL, are available 24/7.