Accident Lawyers in Russellville, IL
Contact the Russellville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Russellville, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Russellville, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Russellville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Russellville accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Russellville, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for an injury case in Russellville, IL, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Russellville.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Russellville injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Russellville Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Russellville area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Russellville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Russellville residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Russellville
Regarding reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Russellville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Russellville will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Russellville, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Russellville, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Russellville accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Russellville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Russellville accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Russellville, IL, are available 24/7.