Accident Lawyers in Saint Charles County, MO
Call a Saint Charles County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Saint Charles County, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Saint Charles County area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Saint Charles County, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Saint Charles County accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Saint Charles County, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Saint Charles County, MO, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Saint Charles County.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Saint Charles County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Saint Charles County
As a top accident law firms in the Saint Charles County area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Saint Charles County accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Saint Charles County residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Saint Charles County
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Saint Charles County will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Saint Charles County will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Saint Charles County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Saint Charles County
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Saint Charles County accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Saint Charles County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Saint Charles County accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Saint Charles County, MO, are available 24/7.