Accident Lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL
Call a Saint Clair County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Saint Clair County area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $50 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Saint Clair County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Saint Clair County accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Saint Clair County, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Saint Clair County, IL, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Saint Clair County.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Saint Clair County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Saint Clair County
As one of the best accident firms in the Saint Clair County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Saint Clair County accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Saint Clair County clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Saint Clair County
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Saint Clair County will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Saint Clair County will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Saint Clair County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Saint Clair County
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Saint Clair County accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Saint Clair County Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Saint Clair County accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
[wdac-linkblock parent=”/accident-lawyer/” exclude=”Accident Lawyer ” button-class=”uk-button button-block” class=”uk-grid-small [email protected] [email protected]”]
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Saint Clair County, IL, are available 24/7.