Accident Lawyers in Saint Francois County, MO
Contact a Saint Francois County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Saint Francois County, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Saint Francois County area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Saint Francois County, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Saint Francois County accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Saint Francois County, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Saint Francois County, MO, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Saint Francois County.
Having settled over $50 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Saint Francois County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Saint Francois County
Among the best accident firms in the Saint Francois County area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Saint Francois County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Saint Francois County clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Saint Francois County
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced accident lawyer in Saint Francois County will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: The right accident lawyer in Saint Francois County will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Saint Francois County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Saint Francois County
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Saint Francois County accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Saint Francois County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Saint Francois County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
[wdac-linkblock parent=”/accident-lawyer/” exclude=”Accident Lawyer ” button-class=”uk-button button-block” class=”uk-grid-small [email protected] [email protected]”]
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Saint Francois County, MO, are available 24/7.