Accident Lawyers in Salem, IL
Call the Salem, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Salem, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Salem, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Salem, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Salem accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in some sort of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Salem, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Salem, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Salem.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Salem injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Salem Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Salem area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Salem accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Salem residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Salem
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Salem accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Salem will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Salem, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Salem, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Salem accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Salem, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Salem accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Salem, IL, are available 24/7.