Accident Lawyers in Sesser, IL
Call the Sesser, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Sesser, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Sesser, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Sesser, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Sesser accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some kind of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Sesser, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury claim in Sesser, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Sesser.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Sesser injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Sesser Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Sesser area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Sesser accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Sesser clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Sesser
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Sesser accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Sesser will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Sesser, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Sesser, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Sesser accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Sesser, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Sesser accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Sesser, IL, are available 24/7.