Accident Lawyers in Shawneetown, IL
Contact the Shawneetown, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Shawneetown, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Shawneetown, IL, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Shawneetown, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Shawneetown accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Shawneetown, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Shawneetown, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Shawneetown.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Shawneetown injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Shawneetown Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Shawneetown area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Shawneetown accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Shawneetown residents with the information and experience they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Shawneetown
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Shawneetown accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Shawneetown will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Shawneetown, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Shawneetown, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help Shawneetown accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Shawneetown, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Shawneetown accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Shawneetown, IL, are available 24/7.