Accident Lawyers in Shiloh, IL
Call the Shiloh, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Shiloh, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Shiloh, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Shiloh, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Shiloh accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Shiloh, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury claim in Shiloh, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Shiloh.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Shiloh injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Shiloh Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Shiloh area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Shiloh accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Shiloh residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Shiloh
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Shiloh accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Shiloh will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Shiloh, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Shiloh, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Shiloh accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Shiloh, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Shiloh accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Shiloh, IL, are available 24/7.