Accident Lawyers in Sims, IL
Contact the Sims, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Sims, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Sims, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Sims, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Sims accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in some sort of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Sims, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury claim in Sims, IL, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Sims.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Sims injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Sims Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Sims area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Sims accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Sims clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Sims
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Sims accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Sims will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Sims, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Sims, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Sims accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Sims, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Sims accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Sims, IL, are available 24/7.