Accident Lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO
Call the Spanish Lake, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Spanish Lake, MO, area. We help victims recover compensation after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Spanish Lake, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Spanish Lake accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some sort of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Spanish Lake, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for an injury claim in Spanish Lake, MO, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Spanish Lake.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Spanish Lake injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Spanish Lake Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Spanish Lake area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Spanish Lake accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Spanish Lake clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Spanish Lake
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Spanish Lake accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Spanish Lake will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Spanish Lake, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Spanish Lake accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Spanish Lake, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Spanish Lake accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO, are available 24/7.