Accident Lawyers in Sparta, IL
Call the Sparta, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Sparta, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Sparta, IL, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Sparta, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Sparta accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Sparta, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury claim in Sparta, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Sparta.
Having settled over $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Sparta injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Sparta Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Sparta area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Sparta accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Sparta residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Sparta
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Sparta accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Sparta will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Sparta, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Sparta, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help Sparta accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Sparta, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Sparta accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Sparta, IL, are available 24/7.