Accident Lawyers in St. Charles, MO
Call the St. Charles, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in St. Charles, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the St. Charles, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our St. Charles, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s St. Charles accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for St. Charles, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in St. Charles, MO, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Charles.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the St. Charles injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
St. Charles Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the St. Charles area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The St. Charles accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer St. Charles residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in St. Charles
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled St. Charles accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in St. Charles will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in St. Charles, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in St. Charles, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help St. Charles accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your St. Charles, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The St. Charles accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in St. Charles, MO, are available 24/7.