Accident Lawyers in St. Clair, MO
Call the St. Clair, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in St. Clair, MO. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the St. Clair, MO, area. We help clients recover damages after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our St. Clair, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s St. Clair accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for St. Clair, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for a personal injury case in St. Clair, MO, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Clair.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the St. Clair injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
St. Clair Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the St. Clair area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The St. Clair accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide St. Clair clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in St. Clair
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced St. Clair accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in St. Clair will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in St. Clair, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in St. Clair, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related cases. It is our job to help St. Clair accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your St. Clair, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The St. Clair accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in St. Clair, MO, are available 24/7.