Accident Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL
Contact the St. Elmo, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the St. Elmo, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s St. Elmo, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our St. Elmo accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for St. Elmo, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in St. Elmo, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Elmo.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the St. Elmo injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
St. Elmo Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the St. Elmo area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The St. Elmo accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer St. Elmo clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in St. Elmo
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled St. Elmo accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in St. Elmo will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in St. Elmo, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help St. Elmo accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your St. Elmo, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The St. Elmo accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in St. Elmo, IL, are available 24/7.