Accident Lawyers in St. Louis County, MO
Contact a St. Louis County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in St. Louis County, MO. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the St. Louis County area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s St. Louis County, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s St. Louis County accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for St. Louis County, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury case in St. Louis County, MO, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Louis County.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the St. Louis County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Personal Injury Lawyers in St. Louis County
As a top accident law firms in the St. Louis County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The St. Louis County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer St. Louis County clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in St. Louis County
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced accident lawyer in St. Louis County will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in St. Louis County will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in St. Louis County and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in St. Louis County
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help St. Louis County accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your St. Louis County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The St. Louis County accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in St. Louis County, MO, are available 24/7.