Accident Lawyers in St. Louis, MO
Contact the St. Louis, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in St. Louis, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the St. Louis, MO, area. We help victims recover compensation after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s St. Louis, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our St. Louis accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for St. Louis, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury case in St. Louis, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Louis.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the St. Louis injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the St. Louis area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The St. Louis accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide St. Louis residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in St. Louis
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced St. Louis accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in St. Louis will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in St. Louis, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Louis, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help St. Louis accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your St. Louis, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The St. Louis accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in St. Louis, MO, are available 24/7.