Accident Lawyers in St. Paul, MO
Call the St. Paul, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in St. Paul, MO. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the St. Paul, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $50 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our St. Paul, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our St. Paul accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for St. Paul, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury case in St. Paul, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Paul.
Having settled upwards of $50 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the St. Paul injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
St. Paul Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the St. Paul area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The St. Paul accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide St. Paul residents with the information and experience they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in St. Paul
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced St. Paul accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in St. Paul will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in St. Paul, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Paul, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related cases. It is our goal to help St. Paul accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your St. Paul, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The St. Paul accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in St. Paul, MO, are available 24/7.