Accident Lawyers in St. Peters, MO
Contact the St. Peters, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in St. Peters, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the St. Peters, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after these accidents. We handle cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our St. Peters, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s St. Peters accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for St. Peters, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in St. Peters, MO, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Peters.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the St. Peters injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
St. Peters Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the St. Peters area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The St. Peters accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide St. Peters clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in St. Peters
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced St. Peters accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in St. Peters will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in St. Peters, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in St. Peters, MO
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help St. Peters accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your St. Peters, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The St. Peters accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in St. Peters, MO, are available 24/7.