Accident Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Contact the Ste. Genevieve, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Ste. Genevieve, MO, area. We help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Ste. Genevieve, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Ste. Genevieve accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Ste. Genevieve, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Ste. Genevieve, MO, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Ste. Genevieve.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Ste. Genevieve injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Ste. Genevieve Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Ste. Genevieve area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Ste. Genevieve accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Ste. Genevieve clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Ste. Genevieve
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Ste. Genevieve accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Ste. Genevieve will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Ste. Genevieve, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Ste. Genevieve accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Ste. Genevieve, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Ste. Genevieve accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO, are available 24/7.