Accident Lawyers in Steeleville, IL
Call the Steeleville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Steeleville, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Steeleville, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Steeleville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Steeleville accident lawyers support victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Steeleville, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury claim in Steeleville, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Steeleville.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Steeleville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Steeleville Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Steeleville area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Steeleville accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Steeleville residents with the experience and information they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Steeleville
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Steeleville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Steeleville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Steeleville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Steeleville, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Steeleville accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Steeleville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Steeleville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Steeleville, IL, are available 24/7.