Accident Lawyers in Stonefort, IL
Call the Stonefort, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Stonefort, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Stonefort, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Stonefort, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Stonefort accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Stonefort, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Stonefort, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Stonefort.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Stonefort injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Stonefort Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Stonefort area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Stonefort accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Stonefort residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Stonefort
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Stonefort accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Stonefort will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Stonefort, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Stonefort, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed dozens vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help Stonefort accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Stonefort, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Stonefort accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Stonefort, IL, are available 24/7.