Accident Lawyers in Sunset Hills, MO
Call the Sunset Hills, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Sunset Hills, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Sunset Hills, MO, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Sunset Hills, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Sunset Hills accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Sunset Hills, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for an injury case in Sunset Hills, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Sunset Hills.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Sunset Hills injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Sunset Hills Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Sunset Hills area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Sunset Hills accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Sunset Hills residents with the experience and information they need to fight insurance companies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Sunset Hills
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Sunset Hills accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Sunset Hills will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Sunset Hills, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Sunset Hills, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related claims. It’s our job to help Sunset Hills accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Sunset Hills, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Sunset Hills accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Sunset Hills, MO, are available 24/7.